Thursday, August 21, 2008

WFH

I don't know if its only me, but WFH looks and sounds very similar to WTF to me. But ya, I never mistyped it that way! So I always send a mail as "Sumit is working from home" than as "A is WFH" (A is what, ...) as everyone else does.

Whatever, but if you plan to work from home (WFH) and want to work -- here are few useful tips -- That's what I did to work peacefully from home.

#1. Turn the god damn TV off.

#2. If you are bachelor, be prepared for food crisis. Otherwise make up your mind early.

#3. Get a power backup. You don't want get in vpn signing again and again.

#4. Be on a desk and chair, don't fall on your bed, with a pair of pillow below your head and blanket and light air -- there are more chances that you will loose to a nap.

#4 amendment 1: At least enable sound for email, IM messages and mobile ;-)

#5 If you have no one else to answer the bell, better keep the door locked and give the feeling that no one is at home. There are more chances that bell ring more often when you work from home.

#6 Inform (at least for courtesy) the team that you are leaving. (Otherwise M is only way to know)

#7 Work -- Remember you are working ---- ----.

For those who hate meeting in between the work and feel it breaks the flow, -- someone like me -- that's the better to work from home so you only ...... work.

n ya, in case you read the title wrong, read it again!

2 comments:

Vijesh said...

wondering where the music was coming. Suddenly this page became musical. Also now it carries an apt title becoz you eat sleep and drink code. :P

Oh yeah! WTF, sorry WFH list is good. At least I will enjoy by reading them. :) Adding one more make a promise that one would not open Firefox for Gmail/Orkut/Flickr etc. :)

SA said...

@Vijesh

Nice song, isn't it ?

n I didn't add that one cause I thought people does that even when in office!! so who will avoid!