Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Deleting coments

I hope you already know how to delete comments from your post. That makes sense on analogy with human communication .

The other day I was trying to delete a comment (some casual one's) which I posted on someone's blog. Surprisingly to me, my comment got deleted instantly. You may find it useful, but my instinct that its a basic use case problem.

1) Making a analogy with man-2-man communication, deleting a comment is like taking your word back, like say "Nope, I don't want that". But it depends how others react. Some say "Whatever, mark your word", others say "Its okay". So point is when I delete my posted comment, it should send a notification to author for confirmation, cause once you post a comments, words belongs to post. You have control until you post.

2) Deleting immediately can make the complete comments thread senseless. Confirmation to author can help in reducing this. For the least, author may wish to remove the comments that are related to "to-be-deleted" one.

3) Taking about blogger, deleting a comments leaves a message. Something like "Post is deleted by author". That's really ugly.

What's you say ??

Now I need to look for ways to repost my comment at the same place :(

[Yeah, no liner in this post, now you know its not easy ;-) ]

Added at 11:47 PM:
And blogger doesn't even say who has deleted that message!!



No comments: