Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Victory ...

There are many victories worse than a defeat - Anonymous

Have you ever cried (felt sad?) after winning and jested on edge of loosing ?? I did. I was playing a TT match yesterday (Hon, I started again!), though I won the match convincingly but there was no fun in that. To say the least I felt I shouldn't be playing there or at least teach something to my opponent by giving him some way. I remember those days in Novell when I play with this orthodox, crazy ( .... and talented) player, where matches were very interesting .....a nice experience. Those were really exiting matches.

I lost many,,,,many of them, but none without giving a strong fight. I saw that in his eyes. Its not that I lost all ..... I won a good number of them 'n' I didn't won by someone's mistake or someone is loosing that; I won by my way. I know he will accept this point; and the one that even he was a Novell champion, I hold him the way no one did. Fearlessly, full of fight, strong challenge, power to power, mind to mind.

That was the time I smiles even after loosing match, coz I know I put up a good show, and sometime nailed few teeths. Someone ask me, after one of that wonderful day of match (when my defence and attach proved stronger most of time ;) ); "how you attack and return his shot so well?" In the joy of time, I only got Federer's quote:- "I fear noone but respect every one"

I would rate some on those losses much above than few wins here in new place. Really few victories deserve a trash can.

"While listing down, I would rate a defect against a warrior higher than a win on a botcher. "

No comments: